The Cheltenham Night Safe scheme links night time operators, licensed premises, Gloucestershire police and the police’s CCTV control room to each other through the radio link scheme.
The aim of the scheme is to reduce crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour in the night time economy through initiatives such as the Reducing Alcohol Related Violence (RARV) project, Best Bar None and the online offender exclusion database.
Benefits of membership include:
- The services of a dedicated coordinator
- Optional Radio link scheme providing direct contact with other members, Police and CCTV control room
- Radios are fitted with an emergency button enabling staff to summon assistance in cases of emergency
- Offender exclusion scheme
- Access to secure members database and smartphone app allowing viewing of photographs of target and excluded offenders, alerts and news items
- Regular intelligence meetings and reports/updates on persistent offenders
- Regular licensing updates
- Online facility to view Police sourced photographs of excluded persons