The Cheltenham Day Safe scheme links day time retail premises, businesses, Gloucestershire police and the police’s CCTV control room to each other through the radio link scheme.
It also provides a platform for members to share good practice, discuss local issues and collectively exclude offenders from businesses.
The aim of this scheme is to prevent and detect crime in the town’s retail sector as well as antisocial behaviour in the town centre.
Benefits of membership include:
- The services of a dedicated coordinator
- Optional Radio link scheme providing direct contact with other members, Police and CCTV control room
- Radios are fitted with an emergency button enabling staff to summon assistance in cases of emergency
- Offender exclusion scheme
- Access to secure members database allowing viewing of photographs of target and excluded offenders, alerts and news items
- Regular intelligence meetings and reports/updates on persistent offenders
- Analysis of crime trends in the town
- Improved incident response and staff safety